August 5, 2013

Welcome to Hansen Stadium!

This is our view from our porch! We're pretty fortunate to live right next to the university. And not to mention, the "Hansen" Stadium. How cool is that!?
We love our little apartment. Luckily we have an extra room for storage right now! I don't think we could fit everything we have without that second room. Thank goodness! 
Below is a pic of my fun little project of frames and mirrors that I mixed and matched together. I love it! 
And these are our fun pillows. The ones on the very far left and very far right were actually made by my great-grandma Lynn Jones. They are beautiful and I am so lucky to have them! They'll definitely be cherished forever.
 Although our apartment isn't much right now, it sure is fun to dress it up a bit here and there! 
 We'll be here for at least a year. We're not sure where we'll be in a year, but hopefully it will be somewhere near.. especially because we like the ward we are in so far! Guess we'll see how this next year goes.
 Above is just a little clutter of things that I put together. I made the top left frame full of pictures by finding a frame at D.I., discarding of the glass, spray painting it blue, and then collecting mine and Drew's instagram pictures, printing them, and stringing them on thin string across the frame. It's a fun and cheap way to display some the pictures we took before we were married!! 
 The above picture is located in our kitchen, :) and below is our bedspread + pillows!
We LOVE it!!!
 My wonderful grandma Micki made us these cute pillows as a gift. She is so incredibly talented!!! 
We always go to bed with a goodnight kiss and we always wake up with a "good morning beautiful/hi there handsome!"
That right there is the best way to wake up every morning.
 And this pic below is the best I could do with our bathroom for now. I used some of our wedding decor in here (if you didn't recognize the blue, yellow, and green already) and we got the cute subway art sign as a gift. 
 So there is a rough tour of our funny little home right now.
I have some projects I am looking forward to in the near future. I will be posting before and after pictures for those future projects but they most likely won't be finished till it starts getting cooler here. It's pretty hot almost every hour of the day here so I think I will wait till October or November to face those projects! 
(Future projects will include painting, staining, and reupholstering our table and chairs, and painting our rocking chair and end table to our couch.)
Wahoo for creating a home!
Love,
Kate
ps. I definitely can't wait to have my own house someday though.. that's for sure ;)


1 comment: