August 5, 2013

Fishlake Hansen Reunion

Drew and I got to go to Fishlake for the Hansen reunion the weekend before moving down to St. George and boy were we glad we got to go!! It was a blast and a well needed -get-a-way- before the big move and the stresses that would come with it.
 We spent most the time playing games with all our family, laughing lots, and eating plenty of good food.
 How else do you think we keep our figures? Let's be honest. Ha ha our family LOVES food!
We also love the outdoors. 
 One evening we took a trip to the lake with some of the cousins. 
 We walked around Twin Creeks and some of the kids were crazy enough to go out in the lake. 
 There they go!
 If you're not familiar with Fishlake, it is a very deep water lake that is extremely cold! 
 
That is why I say those kids were crazy.
I stayed on the shore happily dry with my camera and the sun shining on my cheeks. 
It's also a big tradition for our family to take part in the famous Minute-to-Win-it game challenges!! We had a blast competing against each other. This year's challenges consisted of the booty shaker (as shown below), rubber band shooting contests, potato dropping contests, oreo face races, and balloon + cup blowing contests. 
 Drew and I dominated at the rubber band shooting contest. I won him the first round, but he ended up beating me the second time around. But hey-- we're both pretty dang good at shooting them so watch out! 
Also, my dad found an odd shaped cinnamon bear in his bag of cinnamon bears that I thought looked like a sloth... So I kept it. But I eventually ate it.
If any of you know me, you know that I absolutely love sloths. I have since I was in 2nd grade.
So if you ever want to get me a present, I wouldn't mind a sloth t-shirt or sloth stuffed animal or sloth toy figure.
That's all for now.
Love,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment