Boy oh boy, what an experience.
My family came down for the weekend. We made pancakes and bacon for breakfast. Lila had the biggest blow out she's ever had while we were at Old Navy for a brief second and just happened to get it all over my mom! I didn't have an extra outfit in her diaper bag so I bought a little onesie and that was just the beginning of her grumpiness. She probably sensed all our anxiety and stress from her poop! We headed back home, put our swim suits on, packed up some fun "lake food," packed the rafts, fishing stuff, floaties, and borrowed a friend's kayaks. We headed out to Gunlock Reservoir.
Drew and I had been there before <check out our experience here> and so we were excited! Unfortunately the weather was terrible. The wind was blowing hard and Lila was super ornery.
We couldn't get over to the sandy side of the lake so we had to settle on a pebbly shore where the cows were roaming... yep, cow poop every where and thistles. OUCH.
Long story short, Lila and I did not stay long. It was windy and miserable. After some stress and tears we finally took Lila back home. She eventually settled down and later everyone else came home. Luckily it turned out to be a good experience for everyone so I was glad. It was fun to have my family in town!
Hopefully we can replace that lake memory with a better one sometime this summer so Lila can have a good experience :)
Love,
Kate
No comments:
Post a Comment