Lila, time is flying by too fast! But I have loved every minute I have had with you. And although you are not so much a "newborn" anymore, I find myself falling in love with you more and more every day! I know that is cliche but I'm so serious. Every day you learn something new and you get a little bigger. I love to see you look around and discover your surroundings. You're such a curious little one and have began grabbing anything that you can possibly grasp! You also have realized that your mouth is your world. You put anything and everything up to your mouth to taste and chew on. You are drooling like crazy already and you soak through your shirts and onesies multiple times a day!
Your dad just realized that when we show you the pictures on your wall in your nursery, you never fail to smile big at the picture of me and you from your newborn photoshoot. It melts our hearts to see you recognize us in photos! And of course it makes us happy too!
You are such a smarty pants already. You love when we read you books and you like to stare at the pictures. You know what else amazes us? You like to look at our phone screens and when you touch it you recognize that it will move (or scroll!). It's incredible to see how you figure things out. I know you're still so young and only 3 months old, but you amaze us every single day!
You're holding your head up pretty well, and getting better at tummy time. As a matter of fact, you actually rolled over from your tummy to you back for the first time the other day! (Of course it was out of frustration, but still!) You did it three different times! We were so proud of you!
You also like to kick things away when you don't like it or swipe things away with your hands. For example, the other night I was trying to eat a bowl of icecream while I fed you and you did not like that, so you used your cute little strong legs to kick the bowl almost out of my hands!
You're so funny, you keep your dad and I laughing and cheering all day long! You're still not a very good sleeper... waking up every 3 hours or so. But you are in your crib now and sleeping in it well!
Our most favorite milestone we hit so far was your first giggle! I got it out of you as I kissed your neck! It was the most adorable sound ever!!! Your dad has got you to giggle a few times too! But you're a tricky one... still figuring out that giggling is a fun activity :)
We love you so little Lila!!!!
Love,
Kate
No comments:
Post a Comment