February 17, 2016

For myself: What I learned

In preparation of labor and delivery, I read articles and pins on Pinterest over and over again to compile the ideal hospital list of what to pack and what not to pack. I wanted to be prepared! So after all my reading, I got myself a weekender bag from Target and packed it full to the brim.

However, I found out that I did not need even HALF of the items I had packed in my bag! So for future reference, here is a list for myself for the next go around!

-Eat a good meal full of protein before going to the hospital.
-Pack an overnight bag before going (weekender bags work wonders!)

What to pack:
-Camera & charger
-Phone chargers
-Comfy overnight clothes for dad
-Bathroom essentials (toothbrush, makeup, brush, deodorant, etc)
-Baby's going home outfit (2-3 different sizes)
-Mom's going home outfit
-Car Seat/car seat cover
-Baby blanket/muslin blanket
-Binky
-Comfy/socks
-Easy access sandals or flipflops
-Nursing bra after deliver

What to do:
-Ask lots of questions to your nurse
-Order whatever food your stomach and heart desires from the cafeteria
-Take home whatever "free" items the hospital will allow
-Ask for more pillows to sleep with

Love,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment