June 22, 2014

Father's Day Weekend 2014

Drew and I spent the weekend in Cedar for Father's Day. We celebrated his dad's birthday and Father's Day all weekend! First off, we surprised him with a new grill on Friday night. The whole family pitched in for it and it was a sweet surprise for Bill! The boys spent that evening putting it together. 

We finished the night with banana cream pie while watching the big bright "honey moon" come up over the mountain! It was huge and beautiful!
Saturday morning we enjoyed a delicious brunch with waffles, bacon, and heaps and heaps of fruit. We spent some time outside picking cherries off their tree (so good!) and then later that evening we played corn hole. Me and Mark vs. Drew and Bill. Guess who won?

Mark and I did! Woot woot!!



We had a fun BBQ that night to break in the new grill. We had yummy chicken and vegetable kabobs that were SO colorful! Cheryl, Bill's niece came over and we played a few rounds of Wackee Six before ending the night with smores. It was a fun day!


Sunday was a little less eventful than the rest but still wonderful. We attended church, had a nap, and then barbecued hamburgers for our final Father's Day hoorah. We invited the missionaries over for some peach pie later that evening and they shared a nice message with us.


It was a great weekend spent with the Hansens and it is especially nice to finally have Drew's twin brother Mark home! 

And to my own dad on Father's Day: I missed you SO much that day. I am so grateful for you. Because of you I found my husband-- the person who resembles you the most. I love everything about you Dad. Happy Father's Day!

F- fun and full of love
A- always smiling
T- tough and hard working
H- humble and handsome
E- example of the greates 
R- radiates with light

Here's to all the dad's on this happy day!

Love,

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment