I never knew how great life could be. Sure it has it's ups and downs, but being married to the greatest guy in the world makes everything wonderful all the time! Even when skies are gray.
I guess it's because I married a big ball of sunshine though. I am one lucky girl!
Drew and I are loving the married life. It's been almost 10 months now and it still seems like it was just yesterday that we were entering the temple to be sealed for time and all eternity! Time sure does fly.
Every day is such a blessing.
We both have good jobs, Drew is doing wonderful in school and only has three more weeks left! Woot woot!!
We're loving the weather right now in St. George because it's not hot quite yet, but it's not super cold anymore either! (Not that it got that cold anyways.. but still.)
I'm not going to lie, I am dreading the scorching heat & I know that I will be wishing we had a pool here in the next couple months, but at least Sand Hollow isn't too far!
Speaking of which, we are looking forward to going to Sand Hollow for Easter weekend with a bunch of family and relatives! That will be fun.
And we are looking forward to conference this weekend. We will be watching it with Drew's parents up in Cedar.
Last weekend was extremely eventful! Let me tell you about it. My cute family came down from Richfield to spend the weekend with us.
Friday they came down and they brought our love seat!! YIPEE!! So now we have two couches and our apartment feels like a home. :) I love it!
We went to Kambry's track meet and got there just in time to watch her throw javelin. She ended up taking 2nd place!!! It was so awesome. I was so proud of her! The girl who took first threw so far she broke her school record, the state record, and quite possibly the U.S. record!!! It was insane! But it was neat to see too. She had 50 ft on Kambry's throw, ha ha!
That night after the track meet we went to In and Out and enjoyed a burger. It was yummy. Me and Drew shared some fries "animal style" and they were dang good! [Thanks to the "secret menu"]
That night we were all so pooped, we came home and got ready for bed (it was pretty late anyways by this time) and my whole fam slept out in my family room on air mattresses. We started watching Frozen and literally ten minutes later everyone was out. They fell asleep so fast it was funny!
The next morning we got up and went to the meet to watch Kam throw shot and that was fun too. She is pretty solid and muscular but she was the SMALLEST one out of all the other top throwers!! She made it to finals but didn't place. It's okay though we were just proud she made it to finals! :D She is awesome.
We went to lunch at the Pasta Factory after that and yummmm... our tummies were happy.
Later that night we went to the temple (my sister Kinsley's request) and walked around it and took pics. It was so simple but it was so much fun!
When we got back home we put Frozen in again and then everyone fell asleep super fast. We were exhausted.
The next morning (sunday) Drew and I got up and went to church to teach our sunday school class and then came home. We bummed for the rest of the morning and then I made them sunday dinner! Easy cheesey BBQ casserole. <recipe here> It turned out to be delicious!! They all loved it!
We finished our afternoon by playing a few rounds of wackee six and then they left around 3 or 4pm.
The weekend was busy but oh so fun! We miss them already but we are excited to have them in our home again in a couple weeks!
On another note! We have been busy with some home projects lately. Over spring break we finished painting our kitchen table and finally finished upholstering our kitchen chairs! They turned out really cute. I also painted our end table and rocking chair, so now all our furniture is actually coming together! It feels really good.
My next goal is to get some fun pillows on our couches. Then I will take some pics and post them so ya'll can see!
Well that's all for now.
Much love.
Love,
Kate
how fun! you should post some pics of the newly decorated/painted kitchen. it sounds cute!! can't wait to read more:)
ReplyDeletethanks for the comments sara! I'm glad I have a reader or two every once in a while.. haha it motivates me to write! i will work on some new posts!
Deleteps. I love your blog and we should be friends.