September 19, 2013

Crafts and Cookies

Maybe I'm crazy but today (my day off) I have been sick. Drew and I are both sick and stuffy and our heads feel like they are about to burst. Our voices are raspy and we are tired and groggy. 
Not fun.
So you would think that I would try to rest and relax on my day off so that I can get better, right? Instead I decided to make a craft. I want to make our home for festive for the upcoming seasons and holidays so I went to the store and bought some paper.
 I drew out letters and cut them out.
 And I cut a bazillion leaves out of colorful paper... but I didn't end up using them all.
 After laying everything out I eventually used a needle to thread the string and paper together.
  And voila. 

  
It's not much but it's more than nothing! Can't wait for Christmas time though! It'll be fun to change it up a bit.
Oh and by the way, I also made cookies too. 
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip! 
They were delicious.
And I even added a secret ingredient.
Greek yogurt.
Weird, right? Well it halved the amount of fat (butter) and it made the cookies soft and chewy! 
Yum! Drew loved them and he was wayyy skeptical of trying them at first.
Well hopefully someday I can be a good cook. Both my mom and mother-in-law are INCREDIBLE cooks and so I have huge shoes to fill. 
Poor Drew gets to be my guinea pig. In other words, as I continue to try new recipes and work on increasing my talent for cooking Drew gets to eat my food whether he likes it or not :)
Guess that's what ya get for being newlyweds!
HAPPY FALL YA'LL!
Love,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment